Saturday, October 17, 2009

Genea-Musings: A MOORE Increase

The Genea-Musings blog has a weekly activity every Saturday night for those of us who have nothing else to do on a Saturday night, but sit at home and work on our family tree. The Genea-Musings blog asked us to take one set of great-grandparents and write about the family increase...or number of people, living and deceased, in each generation.





I took my Great-Grandparents William (1886-1962) and Eva (1892-1968) Liggett Moore and made a descendant outline report in Family Tree Maker. Here is what I came up with:



Moore Family circa 1928

1. Children = 9 (2 still living in Florida)
Two of the 9 children died in infancy: Robert Allen (born abt 1912) and Pauline Virginia (born in 1924, lived 7 months). One who died at at the age of 5 in Springfield due to diptheria.

Moore Family circa 1960


2. Grandchildren = 24 (10 deceased)

3. Great-grandchildren = 78 (74 living, 4 deceased)


Moore family circa 1970s

4. Great-great-grandchildren = 87 (80 living, 7 deceased)

5. 3rd great-grandchildren = 116.

6. 4th great-grandchildren = 0

So the increase is at least 209 persons, and probably - nope, strike that - DEFINITELY more. I definitely found some holes in my family research, but I am still working on them....slowly, but surely. I just know I can't do it without all 209+ members of my awesome family!

No comments:

Post a Comment